Having Office applications as part of an Office 365 subscription has several advantages over purchasing and owning Office.
- Upgrades are a thing of the past and everyone is always on the most up to date version of Office.
- Costs are spread over the use of the software. Upfront costs and upgrade costs are nonexistent.
- Each employee has the right to install several versions of Office on several devices.
All Office 365 plans include the online versions of Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. This allows documents stored in Intranet sites and OneDrive for Business to be viewed and edited using any web browser.
Office 365 plans that include Office applications get the following:
- Full, installed Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and OneNote on up to 5 PCs or Macs
- Office for tablets on up to 5 Windows tablets and iPad® tablets
- Office for smartphones to view and edit Office docs on up to 5 phones